1. Name : Emmanuel B. Gonzales aka
whose style is Mange Anime mostly with some Anthro.
2. Occupation (outside of DA): Graphic Artist
3. Location: Antipolo City, Philippines
4. Years making muscle art: 2009 - Present
5. Schooling - formal - for art, if any: None
6. Your professional artist inspiration (mine is Boris Vallejo) :
There a lot of professional artist that Inspires me most of them are Bara Artist...Takeshi Matsu (obviously), Gengoroh Tagame, Jiraiya, Gai Mizuki, N-Jay
7. What are your tools of the trade (wacom, Photoshop, number 5 pencil, etc.) : Camera, Pencil, mouse and Photoshop
8. What motivates you to make muscle artwork? Hmmm...I besides trying to improve my muscle art on every artwork, I guess the love of male muscle anatomy...the strong and sexiness of it
9. Is it a time consuming process?
Mostly, I love details and my work consume a lot of time coz I dont use tablets ( I use mouse when I do digital lineart)
10. What distracts you? Work, School, Depression, Stress, and extreme heat (currently)
11. You have a lot of big beefy artwork – how did you get interested and what inspired you to create it? well I love Bara since I learned about it and since then I changed my style from generic kawaii anime to beefy muscle guys I guess its a guilty pleasure for me to draw them
12. What is difficult for you the draw? complicated / dynamic poses.
13. Why Muscle? Why not landscapes, still life or kittens? Its a habit now and I enjoyed every single moment of it - drawing beefy men I mean...
14. What do you think the future holds for you - artistically, professionally? I guess Im doin it slowly and surely, one step at a time but I want to be a professional illustrator someday
Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us about you and your fantastic muscle art, Emmanuel.Note:
We appreciate your comments. Please send thank your notes directly to this artist
as I know he would appreciate your accolades.